Terms and conditions for purchases and shipping
Normal post with tracking: This is the most economical way to receive your parcel. Selecting this option means that your parcel will be delivered to your nearest post office counter from where you will need to collect – in South Africa ONLY. You must therefore supply a valid postal address at the time of placing your order. Delivery can take up to 10 working days from date of dispatch.
Post office (counter collection): This is an economical and quick way of receiving your parcel but is limited to 1kg or under, and what can fit into the post office A3 bag. Selecting this option means that your parcel will be delivered to your nearest post office counter from where you will need to collect – in South Africa ONLY. You must therefore supply a valid postal address at the time of placing your order. Delivery can take up to 3 working days from date of dispatch.
Courier (door-to-door delivery): Selecting this option means that your parcel will be delivered to your door, limited to South African MAIN CITIES ONLY. You must supply a full physical address where someone will be available to receive your parcel. Delivery can take 2 – 5 working days from date of dispatch and is only valid for South Africa main cities. You can also contact us prior to your purchase for a courier quote to your receiving address.
Collection from 4aKid Offices: You can collect from 4aKid offices in Wendywood Sandton Gauteng. The address will be provided on completion of the order if this method is chosen. Orders to be collected must be paid for either prior to collection or on collection, by either credit card or cash. Cheques are NOT permissible. We will not hold stocks for more than a few days if not collected.
- For A Kid assumes no liability for orders shipped to incomplete or incorrect shipping addresses supplied by the customer. Any additional fees for such orders will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Parcels will only be dispatched once payment reflects and has cleared in the bank account if paying by EFT or bank deposit.
- For A Kid cannot be held liable for missing or damaged parcel in transit, or any delays caused by the post office or the couriers or any 3rd party.
- If a package is refused upon delivery, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred for the return of the item. Charges will be applied to any refund due to refusal. This policy does not apply to any merchandise that is received defective or damaged.
- All orders will only be dispatched once payment reflects in our bank account. Dispatch of parcels will be within 2-3 working days of receipt and clearance of payment. Products that are imported from international suppliers could take up to 6 weeks to be delivered. We will notify you on your purchase if stocks are sold out and will be shipped as soon as they become available.
- If an item is purchased that is indicated as sold out on the website and the transaction needs to be reversed, a handling fee of 5% the full transaction will be charged. For back-orders of sold-out items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements regarding estimated delivery times and fulfillment of the order prior to your purchase.
Payment for online purchases are by the following methods:
- Payment by EFT or bank deposit. Goods will only be dispatched once payment reflects and is cleared on the bank account.
- Payment by credit card facilitated by SAGEPAY. Secure payment by credit card – Visa and Mastercard only through Netcash who acts as a gateway for the bank. All details given for the credit card transaction is strictly confidential and only submitted to the bank.
- Payment by Paypal. This is paid in US Dollars converted to South African Rands on your credit card statement. Due to fluctuating and volatile exchange rates between USD and ZAR, this is set at a slightly higher rate.
- Personally inspect packaging and note any damage on the receiving ticket before signing for it. If you have not opened the packages please write the words “unchecked” next to your name.
- Please report any shortages or damages within 24 hours from the date of receiving your merchandise in writing via e-mail or fax. Please explain the problem or defect and include any photographs if possible so that we may best assist you. It may be that only a replacement part is required instead of shipping the complete product back to us, which will be issued at our own discretion.
- All merchandise is inspected before despatch and, should it be returned, will be inspected upon arrival at our end. Any returned items must be in the original condition with packaging and literature intact or in suitable similar packaging. Please enclose a copy of the original invoice and a letter stating the reason for return. Please e-mail us first to advise us about the defect, should you wish to return goods with defects or that have been damaged in transit. Please do not write on the box or deface the product packaging.
- If it is subsequently found that the returned merchandise is not defective or damaged, the customer will be liable for all shipping costs.
- There is a 3 month swap-out warrantee on electronic goods like the pool alarms or child locators, for mechanical or electronic failure. For A Kid will not swap out products that have been tampered with or abused.
- For a Kid will not be held liable to replace dead batteries in products and the onus is on the client to replace batteries regularly on the electronic products. Exchanges will not made for products with dead batteries.
- All guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment or product be tampered with or should the seals on it be broken by anyone, or should there be any signs of abuse, or should the goods be operated outside the Manufacturers specifications.
- If an order is cancelled which was by credit card or Paypal, 4aKid reserves the rights to charge the 5% banking fee and deduct this off the refund to the client.
4aKid offers the option to collect from our offices in Wendywood Sandton Gauteng. We will hold the order ready for collection for a maximum of one week. Orders to be collected must be paid for either prior to collection or on collection, by either credit card or cash. Cheques are NOT permissible.
Your wish list is just that. A wish list does not secure your order or the products on the website. Please check availability of items in your wish list before you finalize your order as we cannot guarantee availability of the products.
Terms And Conditions for 4aKid website
Please read the following terms and conditions before using our website.
1. Acceptance of terms
The Company permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally.
2. Copyright and trademarks
The entire content of the 4aKid website is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes or private use any of the materials or content on the 4aKid.co.za website without written permission from For a Kid t/a 4aKid. All trademarks, service marks and trade names of 4aKid used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of For a Kid t/a 4aKid.
Under no circumstances will 4aKid be liable for any damage rising from any misuse or abuse of the goods. Risk of damage to or loss of your chosen products shall pass to you on delivery of them. All safety products are an aid to the caregiver or parent, and DO NOT substitute parental or adult supervision at any time.
4. Fraud Protection
We reserve the right to request positive identification from you before processing an order or sale. In cases where there is reasonable suspicion, we reserve the right to use your information to do an ITC and/or background check. Should it be evident that false information were provided we will immediately cancel your order, and forward details of your transaction to the Commercial Fraud Unit of the South African Police.
5. Basis of sale
The terms of this, Our Agreement with You, shall govern our contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. Any typographical clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature price list acceptance of offer or other document or information issued by us is subject to amendment by us where reasonable in all of the circumstances to do so. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your Order and the details provided in your Order Form. The quantity and description of your chosen products shall be those set out in the Order Form unless we subsequently agree otherwise. We reserve the right to cancel any orders.
6. Price of the goods
The price of the Goods shall be the price quoted by us on our Website next to the illustration/description of your chosen products, unless agreed otherwise by us in writing. The price is inclusive of value added tax. Products, prices and/or technical requirements are subject to change at any time without notice.
SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: When you fill in information on any of our online forms, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction or fill in an online form, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. All competition entries and details entered on online forms will go into our database and you will receive newsletter and marketing material from 4aKid. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
PO Box 76660 Wendywood Gauteng ZA 2144
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – CONTOUR AND SHARP SPRING
Our store is hosted on Contour Online AND our forms/mailing lists are hosted by Sharp Spring. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.Your data is stored through their data storage, databases and the general application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Google analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
4aKid [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] PO Box 76660 Wendywood Gauteng ZA 2144