Do you know your bottle-feeding basics?December 13, 2016
The #1 Thing Destroying Your Kid’s SleepDecember 13, 2016
For the pastry:
- 2 Tbs butter – please not margarine!
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- pinch salt
For the filling:
- 2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Blitz all the ingredients together in a food processor or with an electric beater until it all clumps together to form a dough.
- Press into a lightly greased 24 cm tart dish. Chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Heat the milk in a medium pot(do not boil).
- Beat the yolks and sugar until creamy and light then add the flours and salt – the mixture will be quite thick.
- Add some warm milk to the egg mixture and then return all of it to the pot.
- Bring to the boil and whisk constantly until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form and fold into the custard.
- Pour into the chilled pastry case and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for +- 30 minutes.
*Try with frozen puff pastry.
SubscribeNever miss another blog post!