Celebrate the Oscars in style with this decadent Oreo and Nutella Cheesecake. Rich, Creamy, Hazelnutty and Chocolatey. Definitely an award-winner.
For the crust:
- 20 (200 g) chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (40 g) hazelnuts
- 2-3 tbsp Nutella
For the filling:
- 80 g (3 oz) bittersweet chocolate (you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate if you’re not a dark chocolate fan)
- 1 cup (300 g) Nutella, divided into 2 portions
- 500 g (16-17 oz) cream cheese
- For the topping:
- 1/2 cup (80 g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 3-4 chocolate sandwich cookies (35 g) such as Oreos, roughly chopped
To make the crust:
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles damp sand. Add more Nutella if you feel the mixture is too dry.
- Press the mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of a 20 cm (8 inch) springform pan, and set aside.
To make the filling:
- Place one of the portions of Nutella into a bowl along with the chocolate.
- Melt in the microwave for around 1 minute, checking every 20 seconds and stirring in between until chocolate has melted completely.
- Beat in the remaining Nutella and cream cheese. Keep mixing and folding until the mixture resembles the consistency of chocolate mousse.
- Scrape the mixture onto the Oreo crust and spread it out evenly using a spatula or knife.
- Top with the Oreo and hazelnut chunks.
- Cover the cheesecake with cling film and place into the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, or overnight preferably.
- Serve wedges plain or with berries.