Kathryn is an experienced remedial teacher and have started a private practice in the Claremont/Rondebosch area. She offer 1:1 lessons to support children with a range of Special Needs including ADD/ADHD. Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Aspergers and other Autistic Spectrum issues, and more. Kathryn also offers workshops for parents and schools on how best to manage and support these Special Needs.
Kathryn has over ten years' experience with teaching across the curriculum, as well as experience of Special Needs teaching in primary schools in South Africa and secondary schools in the United Kingdom. The pupils she has worked with have ranged in age from ten years old to 16. Kathryn has worked with students with a range of learning difficulties, including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, language delays, ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorders amongst others.
In her experience, Kathryn has found that working 1:1 once or twice a week provides a level of support that often enables students to perform better in class.
· Working with children on the Autistic Spectrum
· Understanding and working with children with Specific Learning Difficulties and Dyslexia
· Teaching English as a Foreign Language in the Mainstream
· Teaching Mathematics to Special Needs pupils.
· Brain Gym
· Implementing a Life Skills Course for GCSE Students
· Assessing students for Access Arrangements for GCSE and A Level examinations (although she cannot carry out formal assessments that will grant access arrangements in South Africa, her experience allows me to determine whether such arrangements can be pursued.)
Tel: 078 308 4755 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org