Little Prodigies Playgroup EdenglenDecember 13, 2016
Are you the next Face of 4aKid?December 13, 2016
1 package (7 1/2 oz) elbow macaroni (2 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in flour with whisk until smooth. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in salt, black pepper, red pepper and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir in cooked macaroni.
- Spoon mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.