Sponsor of 2015 #winbig competition – Lil AngelsDecember 13, 2016
How to do Infant CPRDecember 13, 2016
Chocolate Mousse Crunch Cake –
- 1 package Devil’s Food Cake Mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- crushed Heath bars, or packaged Heath bits
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Bake the cake according to the package directions in 2 8-inch round pans. Cool completely.
- Make the mousse: Combine the gelatin and cold water in a small bowl and allow to sit for 1 minute. Whisk the boiling water into the gelatin mixture, then allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, cream and vanilla. Beat until the mixture forms medium-stiff peaks. Beat in the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the ganache: Combine the chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 3-4 minutes, then stir until smooth. (If the ganache is too thin, refrigerate until it thickens to your desired thickness.)
- To assemble the cake: Using a serrated knife, level the domes off of the cooled cakes. Place one of the cakes on a serving plate. Spread the mousse over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with Heath bits. Place the second cake on top. Spoon the ganache over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip over the sides. Sprinkle with additional Heath pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SubscribeNever miss another blog post!