Helping Aggressive Kids: 10 Positive Parenting TipsDecember 13, 2016
WINNER OF JANUARY 2015 FACE OF 4AKIDDecember 13, 2016
Your child has probably gotten his or her share of party goody bags filled with cheap, plastic toys, lollipops, and other useless junk. When you’re planning your own child’s birthday party, you don’t want to spend money and waste time on party favors that you know will end up in the trash. Here are some cool, creative party favor ideas that you can pull together yourself on the cheap, and still leave a lasting impression on your little party goers.
- Write-On Chalkboards – Kids love playing school, so why not let them embrace their inner teacher with these cute mini chalkboards. Bundle up some chalk, and personalize one for each guest.
- Bubbles Everywhere – What child doesn’t go crazy for bubbles? The best part is that this favor is super inexpensive, and easily customizable. You can personalized them by printing out custom labels, or wrap them in cellophane and ribbons.
- Play Ball – Baseball-inspired goody bags are great for birthday parties around a sports or summer theme. Start with some cracker jacks, a pack of baseball cards, some gum, and even a ball, and your favor will be a big hit.
- Awesome Art – It’s hard to pinpoint a parting gift that all of your guests will be into, but when it comes to kids, you can’t go wrong with art supplies. Load up a cool pencil box with pencils, erasers, crayons, or package up a sketch pad, watercolor sets, and stickers. The combinations are as vast as your creativity.
- Beach Ready – Spring and summer birthdays are great for beach-themed goody bags. Fill a sand pail a small inflatable beach ball and a travel sunscreen. Give out sunglasses, or roll up some beach towels and tie with a thick ribbon.
- Sidewalk Simplicity – Kids and outdoor fun go hand in hand, which is why you can’t go wrong with flying discs, jump ropes, or a bucket of sidewalk chalk. We love one mom’s creative spin on personalizing the chalk favors, pictured here. She used chalk spray paint on the top covers, and wrote each child’s name.
- A Scoop of Fun – Instead of loading up kids with cake, only to send them home with some more sugar that they’ll want to eat in the car, let their parents take them out for a treat on another day with a local ice cream store gift card. Their next cone is on you!
- Beauty Booty – If you’re hosting an all-girl pampering party, they’ll appreciate some beauty to go. From cute hair accessories and flavored lip balm, to a DIY manicure set, princess party goers will enjoy the glam gift.